Moving across state lines can be a major undertaking, especially if you’re relocating to a city with an entirely different culture. People move from Portland to Las Vegas for many reasons. Perhaps you recently got a new job, or you need more space. Whatever your motivation, trust a professional team of Portland to Las Vegas movers to make your transition effortless and efficient.
What is Moving to Las Vegas Like?
Las Vegas is a one-of-a-kind city with a unique culture that attracts residents from all over the world. From casinos to live entertainment to gorgeous nature preserves, there is never a dull moment in Las Vegas. Vegas is famous for being the gambling capital of the world and has a world-famous reputation for its nightlife, entertainment, and food scene.
Las Vegas is located in Clark County, Nevada, at the southern tip of the state. The population of Las Vegas is 646,790, making it the 25th largest city in the United States. Las Vegas is Nevada’s financial and cultural capital, with a median household income of $61,356. The median listing price of Las Vegas homes for sale is $382,000, and the average Las Vegas rent is $1,487. Making it very affordable for a major city. The weather in Las Vegas is also pleasant most of the year as it rarely gets below 30°F, although the summers can be brutal and often get to above 100°F.
View this post on Instagram
Benefits of Moving to Las Vegas from Portland
Moving to Las Vegas from Portland offers numerous benefits, including a lower cost of living, warmer winters, and a totally different culture. Here is a side-by-side comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of moving from Portland to Las Vegas.
- Cost of Living: The cost of living index for Las Vegas is 94, which means it’s 6% lower than the rest of the United States. In comparison, the COLI for the Portland metropolitan area is 115, which means it’s 15% higher than the rest of the United States.
- Crime Rate: According to FBI crime data, the annual crime rate in Las Vegas is 2,738 per 100,000 residents, which is 16% higher than the national average. But, the crime in Portland is considerably higher, and the annual crime rate is 5,262 per 100,000 residents, which is 124.3% higher than the rest of the US.
- Median or Average Home Price: According to Redfin, the median sales price of a home in Las Vegas is $382,000, whereas the median sales price in Portland is $489,000.
- Neighborhoods and Diversity: Both cities have wonderful neighborhoods; however, Las Vegas offers a bit more cultural diversity. According to US Census data, Las Vegas ranks among the country’s top 50 most diverse cities.
- Weather: Portland is known for short, dry summers and cold, rainy winters, and Las Vegas is famous for mild winters and sweltering summers. Portland also gets more rain and averages about 43 inches yearly, whereas Las Vegas only averages about 5 inches.
- Things to Do: Las Vegas is famous for the Vegas strip, its many hotels and casinos, and attractions like the Hoover Dam and the Red Rock Canyon Nature Preserve. In contrast, Portland is more well-known for its unique culture, coffee shops, craft breweries, and live music.
- Schools/Education: Although you can find top educational institutions in both cities, the public schools in Portland tend to be better. In a study called America’s Best and Worst Metro Areas for School Quality, Portland Schools ranked 30th overall, whereas Las Vegas ranked 49th.
- Public Transportation and Traffic: Portland also has better public transportation with a mix of light rails, buses, and streetcars that ranks among the best systems in the country. Las Vegas, in comparison, has a monorail that can be good for navigating downtown. However, most residents say a car is necessary for daily travel.
- Sports: Las Vegas is home to the Las Vegas Raiders NFL team and the Vegas Golden Knights hockey team. Portland is the home of the Portland Trailblazers NBA team and Portland Timbers MLS team.
View this post on Instagram
Portland to Las Vegas Movers
Relocating alone can be stressful and time-consuming, especially if you’re traveling long distances. Instead, you should enlist the help of Portland to Las Vegas long-distance movers to make your transition simple and stress-free. Hiring professional Portland to Las Vegas movers has countless benefits and will make your life much easier.
Long-distance moves feature added complexity because it often takes multiple days and requires a professional truck to keep your belongings safe and secure. Transporting everything on your own isn’t advised because you can easily hurt yourself or damage your possessions in the process. Portland to Las Vegas long distance movers supply professional tools and vehicles needed to handle the project much more efficiently.
Services Portland to Las Vegas Movers Provide Include:
- A dedicated moving coordinator leads the team and assigns everyone a role.
- Additional boxes and packing materials provided.
- The crew will help pack your belongings and keep everything secure and well-insulated.
- The Portland to Las Vegas movers will take care of all the heavy lifting, including loading all heavy furniture, boxes, and other belongings into the truck.
- Optional storage in either Portland or Las Vegas.
- The crew will drive the truck full of your possessions 1,000 miles from Portland to Las Vegas.
- The team will unload all your belongings when the truck arrives and ensure everything is where it needs to go.
- Portland to Las Vegas movers receive special training on how to assemble/disassemble furniture.
- The moving coordinator will work with you to direct the team on where to place boxes and furniture.
- The crew can also help with moving appliances (although connecting/disconnecting is not included).
View this post on Instagram
Why PDX Movers is Your Best Portland to Las Vegas Moving Company Choice
Before hiring any Portland to Las Vegas long-distance moving companies, verifying they are reputable and up to the task is essential. They will be responsible for transporting everything you own to the final destination, so you must hire someone honest and trustworthy.
- Check their Google and Yelp Reviews to learn about previous clients’ experiences.
- Visit their website and look for key statistics, such as their claims rate, how long they’ve been in business, and how many Portland to Las Vegas moves they’ve performed.
- Double-check that they are licensed and insured.
- Verify that they have the proper equipment, trucks, and trained personnel to handle the job.
- How is their customer service?
At PDX Movers, we are one of the top Portland to Las Vegas long-distance moving companies with over ten years of experience, and 3,000 happy customers served annually. Our crew receives specialized training to handle long-distance relocations, and every one of our employees is subject to a background check.
We have all the tools and professional vehicles needed to make the journey smooth and efficient, including new 53′ professional moving trucks equipped with tractor-trailers and essential items like straps, furniture blankets, dollies, and packing material.
Our Portland to Las Vegas long-distance movers are experts at assembling and disassembling furniture, lifting heavy items, transporting boxes and furniture, and reassembling everything at the final destination. Trust PDX Movers to make moving from Portland to Las Vegas easy and stress-free.
Portland to Las Vegas Moving Cost
Before hiring a particular crew, you’ll likely want to consider the cost. We set our rates based on a variety of factors that impact the complexity of the project, including:
- The distance traveled between the home in Portland and the Las Vegas residence.
- The weight of your boxes, furniture, and other belongings and how many trucks are needed.
- When you need to move in and move out (is it a weekend, holiday, etc.).
- Whether additional storage or packing services are requested.
The best way to find out the price of your Portland to Las Vegas move is to reach out directly and request an estimate. We will take down your information and provide you with an affordable quote free of charge. We offer both virtual and in-home estimates to accommodate what is easiest for you.
Portland to Las Vegas Distances & Travel Information
While planning your move, you’ll also want to prepare for your own travel. The crew will take care of transporting your belongings, but you will want to drive, fly or take a train from Portland to Las Vegas.
Portland is about 970 miles from Las Vegas, and driving will take you about 16 hours (longer if you make stops). Luckily, it’s a beautiful drive, and there are plenty of cool things to see along the way, including Mount Hood National Forest, Crystal Crane Hot Springs, and Stokes Castle.
You may also prefer to go from Portland to Las Vegas. You can often find direct flights from Portland International Airport to Las Vegas Airport. The flight usually takes about two hours and 10 minutes and will cost about $100 to $400, depending on the airline.
Amtrak also offers travel between Portland and Las Vegas. However, it is a mixed service, so you must transfer to a bus. Las Vegas does not have an official Amtrak station, although they have a Greyhound station you can connect to through Amtrak. The journey usually takes around 18 hours; tickets start at around $212.
Moving from Portland to Las Vegas is so much simpler when you hire a reliable team like the Portland movers at PDX. We are the top Portland to Las Vegas long distance moving company and will make your transition easy and stress free. Call 503-746-8795 or fill out the form on our website to request a free quote.