TOP 10 REASONS to use us : )
1. FREE Estimates with No Obligation
2. Competitive Pricing
3. Licensed & Insured
4. Accurate Estimates
5. Superior Customer Service
6. Clean & Courteous Moving Staff
7. On-time Pick-up and Delivery
8. Background Checked, Trained Crew
9. BBB Accredited, A+ Rated
10. Over 1,500 Moves Per Year
per month of storage
long distance move
Call today for a FREE estimate or to schedule
a FREE in-home survey
- Request a moving quote from PDX Movers at (503)-342-7111
- Update your address – get in touch with the USPS, insurance, bank, payroll, DMV, monthly subscriptions, deliveries and indicate a change of address procedure.
- Transfer your home utilities – electricity, water, gas, phone service, Internet, and TV.
- Organize a moving sale – get rid of all the things you won’t be taking with you. The cash from the sale will supplement your moving budget.
- Work out a moving budget – set up a moving budget to better understand your financial situation. Use your personal relocation budget to make the most cost-effective choices and save money on your move.
- Research your moving company – price offers alone should not be the deciding factor. Check the company’s reputation, moving reviews and legal status via ODOT, AMSA & BBB. Focus on moving cost estimate, range of accessorial services, reviews and customer ratings, level of professionalism, and personal impressions.
- Ask PDX Movers about their storage options – it could ultimately save you money!
- Evaluate your self-moving options – reach out to your friends, get no replies, lose friendships, break your back from lifting, unload broken furniture, drip sweat, start sobbing, call your Mom and have her tell you to call PDX Movers. 😉
- Book the Move – if possible, opt for a move day during the week, away from weekends and the beginning and end of the month.
- Weigh your packing options – Pack whatever you can by yourself to save money. Clothes, shoes, and books are non-breakable items so you can easily pack them on your own. If you want full service, you can always leave the packing to professionals, just ask!
- Dispose of items forbidden for transportation – hazardous, corrosive, explosive, flammable, poisonous and perishable items are not allowed to be packed and transported during a move.
- Start the packing process – begin right away with your storage areas – garage, basement, attic, guest room, then move the packing action into the kitchen.
- Protect your breakables – proceed with extreme caution when packing fragile and breakable items. Mark boxes accordingly.
- Pack essentials boxes – pack all essential items into special boxes labeled “essential” that will be those in which you want to open right away.
- Be available for your movers – meet your movers upon arrival and provide a walk through to show them around your home. They will know what to do but you’re expected to stay close by in case they have questions for you.
- Smile – It’s good for your health!