1. Rose Villa Senior Living Community – Top Independent Living Community for Seniors in PortlandFounded in 1960, the Rose Villa Senior Living Community sits on 22 gorgeous acres of land and offers so many perks to its residents. This independent living neighborhood in Portland is made up of townhomes, apartments, cottages, and lofts, giving newcomers a variety of options to choose from. It is close to Rivervilla Park, a nice place to enjoy fishing, a picnic, or simply take in the views of the Willamette River. Rose Villa has an upfront membership fee to live in the community as well as a monthly fee. A unique benefit to living here is that when a senior needs to transition into an assisted living lifestyle, the community will bring the medical professionals offering these services to their own homes.
- Address: 13505 SE River Rd, Portland, OR 97222
- Website: https://www.rosevilla.org/
- Phone: (503) 654-3171
- Amenities: Licensed massage therapist, spa, creative arts classes, community garden, salon services, music therapy, and an activities specialist.
2. Regency Park – Trusted Senior Living in PortlandAs a top-rated assisted living facility for seniors in Portland, Regency Park has been serving its residents for more than 30 years. They offer help with activities of daily living as well as memory care to keep seniors healthy and happy. The community puts a special emphasis on social groups and clubs, offering residents planned activities that occur consistently throughout the week. Their on-site kitchen provides seniors with three nutritious meals every day as well as weekly housekeeping and linen services. Residents in this Portland assisted living facility also have easy access to great places to eat like the Cornell Farm Cafe and the Biscuits Cafe.
- Address: 8300 SW Barnes Rd, Portland, OR 97225
- Website: https://www.regencyparkseniorliving.com/
- Phone: (503) 292-8444
- Amenities: Customized service plans, daily meals, housekeeping, laundry services, nutritional support, group meetings, and pharmaceutical services.
3. Russellville Park – Quiet Place to Live for Portland SeniorsAs both an assisted living and an independent living community in Portland, the services at Russellville Park have been around since 1976. They offer memory care and further assistance to ensure that everyone who lives there is happy and comfortable in their own space. Some of the best amenities they provide to residents include an award-winning person training system, a fun activity calendar, and a full-service bar. Their staff is known for being engaging, compassionate, and kind to make sure residents enjoy their time. Russellville Park is also surrounded by fun places to shop including Mall 205, one of the top shopping centers in the city.
- Address: 20 SE 103rd Ave, Portland, OR 97216
- Website: https://www.leisurecare.com/our-communities/russellville-park/
- Phone: (503) 254-5900
- Amenities: Spacious studio and one-bedroom apartments, library, swimming pool, billiards, kitchenettes, movie theater, activity room, guest suites, and bocce ball courts.
4. Parkrose Chateau Gracious Retirement Living – Safe Community for SeniorsUnder the umbrella company of Hawthorn Communities, places like Parkrose Chateau Gracious Retirement Living offer seniors the chance to feel like they’re always on vacation while still enjoying all the benefits of being at home. Among the best retirement communities in Portland, they offer apartments and cottages that their residents love. People living there get three full meals a day and get to participate in various planned activities throughout the week.
- Address: 3141 NE 148th Ave, Portland, OR 97230
- Website: https://seniorlivinginstyle.com/parkrose-chateau/
- Phone: (503) 610-5370
- Amenities: Book clubs, discussion groups, creative writing classes, art projects, cooking classes, and garden clubs.
5. Summerplace – Resort Living for Seniors in PortlandSummerplace is known for being one of the top resort-style independent living communities in Portland for people over the age of 55 years old. Their property spans 135 acres of spectacular land with everything from condos and residential homes to tree-lined common areas. Opened in 1979, their properties range in size from between 1,000 square feet to 2,100 square feet depending on the needs of each individual. Newcomers can decide between one to three bedrooms among the more than 20 unique floor plans. Some of the best activities for seniors in Portland are found close to this community at Glendoveer Golf & Tennis, which has 36 holes of golf and four tennis courts.
- Address: 2020 NE 150th Ave, Portland, OR 97230
- Website: https://www.summerplacehoa.com/
- Phone: (503) 257-0733
- Amenities: Fitness rooms, library, swimming pool, pickleball courts, RV storage, ballroom, clubhouse, meeting rooms, game and activity areas.
6. Cherrywood Village – Top-rated Assisted Living Facility in PortlandOffering assisted living, memory care, and independent living options for seniors in Portland, the area of Cherrywood Village has so much to offer its guests. They have nice apartments that make for pleasant living spaces anyone will appreciate. The community has a wide range of features including an 18-hole putting golf course, a yearly calendar of planned events, and a chapel with an engaging musical program. Seniors living at Cherrywood Village are close to plenty of nice outdoor activities at the nearby Cherry City Park.
- Address: 1417 SE 107th Ave, Portland, OR 97216
- Website: https://www.cherrywoodvillage.net/
- Phone: (503) 408-0404
- Amenities: Library, resident-operated workshop, community gardens, massage therapist, cultural excursions, wellness center, art studio, and a 40-seat movie theater.
7. Mirabella Portland – Reputable Senior Living CommunityAs the only location on this list located on the west side of the Willamette River, Mirabella offers seniors easy access to a wide variety of fun activities they can enjoy. Residents will be a short distance to everything from the Portland Japanese Garden and Washington Park to the Oregon Zoo and the Portland Art Museum. Mirabella is one of the most trusted assisted living facilities in Portland that provides memory care and help with activities of daily living. They were established in 2007 and offer one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and penthouse-style apartments to their residents. Since they are a Life Plan Community, their location provides healthcare services including nursing care as well as standard independent living comforts.
- Address: 3550 S Bond Ave, Portland, OR 97239
- Website: https://www.retirement.org/mirabellaportland/
- Phone: (503) 688-6400
- Amenities: On-site dining restaurants, indoor pool, dry sauna, salon, art studio, steam room, business center, storage lockers, library, and a woodworking shop.
8. St. Andrews Memory Care – Enjoyable Place for Seniors to LiveLocated right down the street from Mt Tabor Park, St. Andrews Memory Care is frequently considered among the most reputable Portland assisted living facilities. It is an award-winning senior living community that specializes in memory care while also providing other essential care. St. Andrews is a great place for seniors who are struggling with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Their plans are catered to each individual resident to ensure everyone gets the level of care they need. The property covers about 2.5 acres and offers a cozy place for seniors to live in Portland. People in the community can enjoy both on-site and off-site activities as well as common areas and three square meals per day.
- Address: 7617 SE Main St, Portland, OR 97215
- Website: https://www.pacificaseniorliving.com/or/portland/pacifica-senior-living-st-andrews/
- Phone: (503) 389-5252
- Amenities: Housekeeping, linen services, on-site RNs, 24-hour healthcare, utilities includes, and assistance with activities of daily living.